Wednesday, January 21, 2015

January stash busting project revealed.

I have picked the Holly collection from Crate Paper for my January stash busting project.  I picked this, put it back as too hard since it is a Christmas line and then picked it back up...I am always up for a good challenge.
I am working through the Sparkle class at Studio Calico and have been inspired to sparkle up my projects...a win/win in my book.

Here is what I am starting with...


There are about 8 full 12x12 pieces of paper, some partial sheets of paper, diecuts and 2 sheets of alphas...yes this is going to be a challenge.

The first cards I made (and I made 2 of them) uses the back side of the diecut circles, the solid B side of one of the papers and the stamp set from this Studio Calico kit.  It is still available. 



The sentiment and elephant were embossed with silver metallic Zing embossing powder and then the parachute was embossed on a different sheet of paper and the elephant was stamped with Color Theory ink and then cut out.  I gave one of the to a student who graduated last week and the second one will go in my graduation card stash.

I am hoping to SPARK some ideas that will allow you to look at your stash in new and different ways.  One great way to update old product is to use new stamps...that immediately makes the project feel more current.



No comments: