Friday, March 15, 2013

the killing of a kit

The peeps over at Studio Calico often talk of killing kits...using a kit until there is nothing left.  I love the idea of using up my entire kit before the next one comes along and sometimes it happens but not often and my supplies start stacking up.  So one day this week, since it is spring break and I don't have to go to work, I went about killing my Junior Mints add-on from February.  I wasn't feeling the kit and really don't know why I bought it except I had a coupon and it helped me get free shipping.

So during the last post I had made 2 cards and I made another one that I gave away without taking a picture...crazy right?  I used the Sunday sketch at Studio Calico to make this layout...



Nice because it used up almost 2 whole sheets of paper!

Then I made a card for the Sunday sketch...see the similarity:)


Then I took all of the scraps and added in some BG fact (love that stuff) and using the same design made these 4 cards...





and at the end of the day I was left with this...


the grid paper, tickets, dots, stars and flair will be added to the main kit to be used there
the strips will be thrown away...that glitter gets everywhere!
the MME paper was put with other papers from the same line which I just got in a RAK box from 2 peas in a bucket.
the alpha stickers were sold with some other SNAP project life goodies.
and I am not really sure about the AC letters...they might get used or maybe sold.

So there you have it! The killing of a kit Leah style...thanks for stopping by!

No comments: