Tuesday, January 1, 2013

life.camera.action 2013

Happy New Year!
I hope that 2013 is filled with happiness.
I had an epiphany about my OLW for 2013 today while I was out on a walk with my sweet little puppy.  I have never done a formal OLW ala Ali Edwards but have picked words over the last few years and have used them as a focus. So this year, my OLW is action and maybe even the yin/yang version action/reaction.

Here are some definitions...
1. The state or process of acting or doing
2. Something done or accomplished; a deed. 
3. Organized activity to accomplish an objective
4. The causation of change by the exertion of power or a natural process
5. A movement or a series of movements.
6. Manner of movement.
7. Habitual or vigorous activity; energy.




Here are some synonyms...


act - deed - operation - work - activity - doing - battle

So for 2013 I will be looking at doing things that achieve a goal or have an effect on someone else. And I am starting today with these few action items for January:

1. throw away/use up/give away/sell 5 items a day for the month of January.
2. take the puppy for a walk every day...and I know that seems somewhat lofty to propose to do something every day, I don't ever have a problem finding time to drink a glass of wine:)
3. perform a random act of kindness at least once a week...I started today by placing a newspaper on someone's porch...it's cold and rainy here today and maybe they will enjoy not having to go out in it to get their paper.