Wednesday, December 16, 2009

it's wednesday

Nothing like a random mid week post...but I just had to share this adorable christmas craft!

Over the thanksgiving holiday, I need to keep 4 girls ages 7-13 busy...not an easy task I might add...but this did it and it was really a lot of fun!

I pre-cut shapes from American Crafts foil paper using my much neglected quickuts and spellbinder dies...then the sparkle girls attached them to transparent string that I picked up in the jewelry section of my local Hobby Lobby. We used Aleene's tacky glue and it worked like a charm! We added jingle bells and beads and then I tied them to twigs covered in sparkly glass!

Now it sits on my entry table with all of my christmas cards...I love it!

sparkle tree 1

and some up close shots

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thanks to my sparkle girls for making some of the ornaments for the sparkle tree!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Keely Livings said...

This is beautiful, Leah! I'm sure the girls loved helping.